Our FD, Elliott Ross, is once again attempting the 4 Peaks Challenge, organised by The Wooden Spoon Society. Woodenspoon (@charityspoon) is the charity of British and Irish Rugby, supporting mentally or physically disadvantaged children through capital based projects funded by charitable donations.
Elliott will be part of one of the 2 teams from Alton Rugby Football Club that are competing in the challenge. Each team consists of 3 climbers and a driver, and they will conquer 4 of the highest peaks in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland and the 1,000 miles in between in around 48 hours!
The total climb is the equivalent of climbing half way up Everest! Last year Elliott had the easy option (he’ll tell you otherwise, but how tough can it be to sit in a car) as he was one of the team drivers but this year he is going to ‘man up’ and do the climb – he had little choice given the fact his sister was a climber last year and he has been (rightly) bullied by her ever since.. well done Katharine!
Here is his itinerary:
Thursday 27th June
• 4pm – Start Ben Nevis (4,406ft / 1,344m)
• 8pm – Complete 10 mile walk
• Overnight drive to Helvellyn (6 hours)
Friday 28th June
• 6am – Start Helvellyn (3,114ft / 950m)
• 9am – Complete 10 mile walk – 20 miles completed
• Drive to Snowdon (3.5 hours)
• 3pm – Start Snowdon (3,559ft / 1,085m)
• 7pm – Complete 8 mile walk – 28 miles completed
• Drive to Holyhead for overnight ferry to Dublin
Saturday 29th June
• 6am – Drive to Carantounhill in South West Ireland (4 hours)
• 11am – Start Carantounhill (3,414ft / 1,039m)
• 4pm – Complete 8 mile walk – 36 miles and challenge completed.
This is a gruelling schedule and has taken a huge amount of training. If you would like to support Elliott and make a donation, please follow this link
Please keep an eye out for updates on the Recenseo twitter stream @recenseo as Elliott will be tweeting and sending us some pics during the next few days.